Critical Reflection

Module Learning:

During the start of the module my main goal of the module was to improve on my essay and report-writing skills. This goal was achieved by practicing and getting feedback on my reports.The first individual report that I had to write, which is the summary and reader response, served as both my first practice and learning experience. Thanks to the feedback I received from both professor Brad and my peers, this report helped me improve my writing abilities. We gained knowledge by pointing out each other's errors during the peer feedback and evaluation. The second report was a group project in which we had to identify a robotic system that had some flaws and come up with solutions to fix them. With the application of critical thinking, we broke down the issues of the robotic system and came up ideas that will solve specific problems. This report had to be written in a way that required extensive research and supporting data for our ideas. Because it was a collaborative effort, the technical report was really challenging because we had to be consistent for it to flow without some parts being very different from others. 

Making use of critical thinking in regular circumstances was the secondary goal I set for myself. I have discovered that the majority of us use critical thinking in some capacity on a daily basis. When we were asked to build and test a robot that would move and stop using sensors for our Project 1 module, that was when I saw some of my classmates use critical thinking. The majority of us were unsure of where to begin, but some of us divided the work into manageable chunks and tackled each issue separately. I started using critical thinking, which enabled me to complete my work quickly.

Project Learning:

We collaborated on numerous project works in this module to complete predetermined tasks. These groups typically have 2 to 3 members, so I had to learn how to accommodate other people's schedules in order to finish our tasks. We also learned how to divide the work equally, which is crucial because we all have other modules to work with and it would be unfair if one team member had a significantly higher workload than the other.

In our most recent project, we had to identify a robotic system that had some flaws and come up with solutions to those limitations. Both a formal presentation and a technical report were required of us. Professor Brad gave me feedback after my presentation and noted that I have a tendency for using some Singlish. This made me realize that I needed to be more aware of my habits during presentations and do my absolute best to refrain from using any singlish.  We needed to work well in a team to produce the technical report because it needed to be coherent. By doing this, the report would become more of a team effort rather than a collection of disconnected pieces. Due to the fact that we frequently provided feedback on each other's performance so that we could advance as a team, this helped us improve our teamwork skills. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Formal Letter

Summary draft 2